Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Slick's "Starship"

Jefferson Starship. My youth was surrounded by 3 of their albums. From 1975's "Red Octopus" to 1976's "Spitfire" and finally 1978's "Earth" I followed Starship without fail. Each of these LPs still hold special feelings to me. Jefferson Starship mixed Sci-Fi and the fairer sex with success and that IS NOT an easy task. Believe me - I tried and failed consistently. My personal problems aside I suggest you check each of these album releases out. Each one succeeds as great classic 1970's rock. If you have not heard these albums rush to itunes immediately. The highlights of these 3 albums include:

"Fast Buck Freddie". Grace Slick at her best.

"Hot Water" . OK I had a major crush on Grace Slick when I was a teenager.

"Dance with the Dragon". Simply a great song involving the entire band.

"Love Too Good".There goes Grace Slick again driving me crazy at 14.

"Take Your Time". At 14 or 47 this is probably my favorite Grace Slick song.

OK I admit it. Grace Slick is not Jefferson Starship. She was only one part of the band, however she was one that caught my attention at 14.

If you are not acquainted with "Jefferson Starship" check out these 3 albums. There is much more before (Jefferson Airplane) and afterward but these are my 3 favorites.

Note: The photograph above of Grace Slick probably hung in my bedroom between the ages of 14 & 17 and she oddly stared up an my glow in the dark poster of "KISS".

OK this is not one of the albums I mentioned above and it's actually "Jefferson Airplane" but I think it demonstrates why a 14 year old boy fell in love with Grace Slick.

No comments:

Post a Comment