Saturday, September 29, 2012

Jefferson Starship's Earth

Rating the best rock music against your "favorite" are far different things. I believe that during the 1970's Pink Floyd was by far the best rock act hands down. However memories and feelings are a very funny thing. Every time I listen to Jefferson Starship's 1978 "Earth" my memories are flooded with teenage moments. How I loved Grace Slick and rock 'n roll at that time. This is really one great album and a true example of what 1970's rock was all about. Simply great music, awesome lyrics and LP imagery.

One of my complaints about Jefferson Starship was their musical inconsistency. Sharing song writing and vocal duties on each LP actually complicated things and hurt their standing among the greats of the time.

However with "Earth" everything works for me. From Grace Slick's "Take Your Time" to Marty Balin's "Fire" I simply love everything about this LP.

In addition Grace Slick's "Show Yourself" always blows me away and has me falling in love with her all over again.

If you want to visit what 1970's rock music was all about, the bad and the good check out this LP. It's available on itunes or at amazon.com for those of you without a LP player.

"Take Your Time"

No comments:

Post a Comment