Friday, August 31, 2012

Van Morrison - "So Quiet in Here"

One of the most profound elements of good music is the pure emotional impact it can have on the listener. For example this evening, playing on my car stereo was Van Morrison's "So Quiet in Here". I remember listening to this song often as my dear father-in-law was struggling with cancer. After he passed I often listened to this song and thought of him and wished he was experiencing the "paradise" this song spoke of. Then my brother-in-law, Ernie lost his battle and passed on as well. This song's message grew even stronger for me at that moment. Each time I hear this song my thoughts return to each one of them and only the best musicians can accomplish that.

The best of music brings an emotional element to it and this one certainly does. The song speaks of finding peace and quiet. If you have lost a loved love, take a moment, close your eyes and listen to this. The music and lyric can magically transport you to your lost loved ones, if only for a few fleeting moments.


Artist: Van Morrison
Album: "Enlightenment"
Song: "So Quiet in Here"
Year: 1990

No comments:

Post a Comment